Competition is open for submissions.
We are excited to launch our second year competition for screenwriters worldwide. We know more than anyone how hard it is to break into the industry, hence we've created this competition to help jump start your career to give you the accreditation and reputation you might need to approach industry professionals such as agents, managers, and producers.
- One entry per writer.
- All writers must be 18 or over.
- Short Scripts up to 20 pages.
- Writers may submit from anywhere in the world, but the script must be in English.
- Only original screenplays and teleplays are eligible for the prize. Novels, short stories, stage plays, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts and spec scripts for existing TV series are not accepted.
- Adaptations of books, plays, or any other source material written by another author are not eligible.
- The contest and its administrators are not responsible for submissions or entry fees that are lost, stolen, or damaged in transit, and we cannot return scripts or refund entry fees once they have been submitted.
- Online submission via FilmFreeway only.
- Once the script has been entered under no circumstance will another draft be accepted. (This is purely because of the sheer volume and work the judges have to go through). If your script makes it to the Semi-Final stages then you will can enter a newer draft free of charge if you wish.
- Decision of the judges is final and will not be changed.
- Final deadline is 3rd December, 2021.
Every screenplay is analysed on a 1 - 10 point system in the following categories:
The rounds are as follows:
- Quarter Finalists - 8th December, 2021
- Semi Finalists - 10th December , 2021
- Finalists - 13th December, 2021
- Winners -17th December, 2021
"Well organised Competition and very proud to have been selected as a Finalist for my film ‘Bardo’. Will definitely enter again next year." - Richard Douglas via FilmFreeway
"Many thanks for running this competition. I'm surprised and happy that my speculative basketball script made the final four. I come to screenwriting from a book and journalism career, so it's gratifying to see my first foray into film has yielded something good." - Cam Jefferys via FilmFreeway